GoCracow #5 Golang and BDD - Bartłomiej Klimczak
There is godog library for BDD tests in Go. I found this library useful but it run as an external application which compiles our code. It has a several disadvantages:
- no debugging (breakpoints) in the test. Sometimes it’s useful to go through the whole execution step by step
- metrics don’t count the test run this way
- some style checkers recognise tests as dead code
- it’s impossible to use built-in features like build constraints.
- no context in steps - so the state have to be stored somewhere else - in my opinion, it makes the maintenance harder
In this presentation I tell about my library which should solve those issues.Buy me a coffee